The 2019 Chicago Boat Show drops anchor at McCormick Place, January 9 – 13, 2019. This year’s show is packed with more than 600 boats, 100 RVs, sailing and boating educational opportunities, plus the latest in technology and outdoor and marine accessories.
Some highlights of this year’s show include:
- Remote Control Sailboat Racing: Have you ever sailed in January…in Chicago? The remote control sailing pond offers you the chance to do just that. Race against your family, friends and teammates to see who the fastest sailor in the Midwest is!
- Chicago Maritime Arts Center Build-a-Boat: Put your boat building skills to the test! Build a boat from a sheet of aluminum foil and compete to see whose design can hold the most golf balls without sinking. Open to kids and adults. Top competitors from all categories will get a prize.
- Progressive Boat Club: Attendees can relax in an interactive, nautical space while also boosting their nautical know-how with top-notch mariners teaching hands-on boating courses for all levels of experience with a hands-on docking pool. Plus, visitors can also try Progressive’s Oculus Rift virtual reality experience, putting themselves at the helm of a virtual boat race.
- More For the Family: Family fun activities include Paddlefest, where attendees of all ages can test out the fun of stand-up paddle boarding and kayaking in an indoor pool. Young attendees will also love catch-and-release fishing at the Huck Finn Trout Pond.
- Boating, Sailing & RV Seminars: For those looking to stay on top of the ins and outs of the industry, the show boasts a wide variety of seminars, featuring some of the most recognized names in sailing such as John and Amanda Neal, Nigel Calder, Mark Thornton and more, including the new Preparing Your Chicago-Mac Forecast for sailors. The show also boasts an extensive lineup of RV seminars hosted by leading RV expert and author of The RV Handbook David Solberg.
2301 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60616
Wednesday, January 9: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Thursday, January 10 and Friday, January 11: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, January 12: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday, January 13: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased in advance online for $15 for adults; children 12 years old and younger are free.
Save $2 when you purchase before show opening
Tickets are $10 on Wednesday, Jan. 10 for Seniors (62 & older)
For more information, please visit OfficialBoatShows.com